St Avenue Logistic Sdn Bhd
September 21, 2024, 12:53:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tods Shoes -Prêt-à-rapporter  (Read 32 times)
fgfhfjk6

View Profile Email
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »

It's going to be a summer of interesting colour combos. I understand this because last week, the advance-intelligence division of my brain suddenly forced me to purchase a blazer in an eye-socking screen of canary. Yellow is a colour I've forever regarded as nauseating, vulgar and unwearable. Yet there was this jacket, hanging in the Aquascutum bargain, speaking to me. Though nothing loved it and it was dwindled to £15, it was differentiating me it could really look excellent, if worn with beige, stone or taupe. Perhaps it would work, in a Seventies-redux course, with marine jeans, too, I found myself reasoning. And heck, what is shape if I were you approximately change and experiment - and flying in the face of your own preconceived motifs every now and then?
Memo to trouser-preferring sisters: begin turning out your sideboards now. Somewhere in there, I'm convinced you'll find a Nineties pair or 2 which ambition grant you to stride ahead of fashion in a satisfyingly annoying way. Tailored trousers and boot-leg pants - formerly the domain of Helmut Lang and Tom Ford in the Nineties - are top desirables for afterward season. Actually, why did I say that? Truth is, they already are. The response to autumn's collections is in: death to the drop-crotch, baggy base and harem pant. Normal trousers are what we want,Tods Shoes, urgently.
If you occur to have Nineties "vintage" pairs that are still viable, I mention press your convenience in a moment, because the fashionable trend isn't easy to buy additionally. I've scrambled around the internet for man-tailored peg-tops or graduated flares - and it's tough to ascertain the right object. Burberry and Diane von Furstenberg either have boot-cuts, but they have something of the air of office attire about them. The best I've found are from Stella McCartney, who is something of a goddess when it comes to tailoring trousers with a flattering fit. I'm alive in a couple of black extend kick-flares of hers from last season, and am prepared to get my hands on whichever of the slouchy men's trousers she put on her runway for spring. It's the perfect time of annual for it - transitional climate, when it seems too wretched to be still wearing vague tights, already too cold to be going out bare-legged.
The flipside of it is the in-rush of good-taste, barely-there shades of camel, caramel, tan and nude - hoity-toity, sophisticated colours that seem the aggregate opposite of the vivid and vulgar. Yet, as it turns out, they're actually made for one another. The way to make yellow, orange or grass-green dress look exciting is to downplay them with neutral shoes, bags and thin straps. (Matching or tonal shades would be deadly, unless you ambitioned to fit in at Aintree.) And vice versa: to stop "naught" colours production you discolor into the backdrop, what you absence is the odd spark of comic colour. I'd do it with an orange bag, myself.
All of them have a private touch: Net-a-Porter delivering gift-wrapped goodies to try on at family; Cath Kidston obtaining girly hearts by stretching the magnetism of her flowery wallpaper and bedlinen, and creating it into a "earth" from one teeny mart; and Liz Earle by owning one mega-successful cult product (her Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser) in a collection which started off as a mail-order undertaking from her home.
Even more impressively, always these women-for-women affairs have bucked the recession. They have emerged in the kind of well-run shape namely namely charming to investors, immediately in the mood as costing again aboard gains namely see for whether they can work much beyond internationally.

As it turned out, that counter-intuitive, counter-everything impulse turned up trumps. That jacket really does give new life and relevance to my two-year-old YSL chinos and, worn with a pearly vest,buy tods, the whole thing looks fresh. I assume it was one of those ideas that seeps in at the turn of your eye while your conscious mind is busy deleting it,Tods Gommino, but since my yellow epiphany, I've been enrolling the fact that of sorts peculiar colours are arising this summer.
Admittedly, it takes a morsel of bravery to work colour this way, and if it hadn't come to me at £15, I'd never have tried. Still, there are low-risk, low-cost ways into it, too. Lipstick is one: I love Chanel's slightly tangerine Cambon, which was given out at the last couture show - a colour I approximately threw out, but now find looks great in spring-light. The additional is hook polish. Essie has colours which make a perfect "off" clash with summer's weird shades: eau-de-nil green, blancmange-pink and a weird blue-grey.
                                                    Lapis of Luxury luster, £8.95, nailsbymail.co.uk, leather Agata sack, approximately £326, Furla, 020 7434 3812, and Chanel's Cambon lipstick, £21, Chanel, 020 7493 3836                     

None of these women have done it at throwing their heaviness around or appropriate loud-mouthed retail celebrities. Each an has, in the preferably dreadful clause, simply stuck to her knitting, and conveyed something special, and of today, in ways men could never have effected.
                                                    Tailored trousers at Stella McCartney,Tods Bags, £565, net-a-porter.com, zingy green at Roksanda Ilincic for Whistles, £295, 0870 7704301, and Natalie Massenet of Net-a-Porter                     

BY Sarah Mower |14 April 2010
Strange shades for a colourful summer - Telegraph
[标签:作者]
[标签:来源]
[标签:时间]
Strange shades for a colourful summer
Prêt-à-rapporter: How a £15 yellow jacket brightened my spring closet, digging out those old trousers, and hats off to 3 British women entrepreneurs.
Cath Kidston, 51, sold her flowery Fifties-flavoured cloths and accessories business to a private equity tight for £100million; Natalie Massenet, 44, of Net-a-Porter, the online elegance fashion retailer, made £52million when she sold to the French luxury merchandise conglomerate, Richemont; and Liz Earle, 47, who invented the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare scope from the Isle of Wight,Tods Sale, sold for an undisclosed, but presumably actual, amount to Avon.
    Related treatises            English women to the rescuePre-fall 2010 heralds the return of prestigious dressing, brown leather and Tavi GevinsonWhat British actresses should wear to the Baftas and the return of furPrêt-à-rapporter: the hound for the perfect work wardrobe for the over fifties'I prophesy a bright hereafter for Luella''The sight of tarty sequin dresses brings on the bah-humbugs in me'                   
What they have in general is the fact that they all came up with their business ideas in the Nineties and grew quietly by concentrating on what they trusted in, and with their inside-out wisdom of how women live, consider and want to shop.
Roksanda Ilincic designed apple-green and yellow dresses for Whistles; Alber Elbaz has tangerine and roseate dresses at Lanvin; and there were potentially sickly chalks in Chanel's summer couture show that looked lovely. These weird shades aren't blindingly shine, and definitely no neon, and now I come to look at them properly, they're all part of a premonitory, taste-changing whirling of the colour-wheel that's going on.
An ovation is due to three British women fashion and prettiness entrepreneurs who have all had gigantic pay days in the quondam pair of weeks.

tods pedaling moccasins - Major Michael R. Bloombe

tods pedaling moc -The 29 year-old actress and her “

tods outlets -‘

Channeling the ever-appealing hipster style, Barneys’ New York styles top models Viktoriya Sasonkina and Karlie Kloss in edgy designs for Barneys CO-OP. The CO-OP is a stand-alone department of the famed retailed that offers offers casual apparel and accessories catered to a younger market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: